Low Carb, Keto Burgers and Creamy Gruyere Mushroom Sauce
- 2 lbs ground beef patties (I used 88%)
- 2 tablespoos butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Shape your ground beef into burgers. I made 4 large ones.
- In a large skillet melt your butter and saute your mushrooms unitl they are brown.
- Meanwhile get your burgers going by heating another skillet on medium high and adding your burgers. Do not flip them for 5 to 7 minutes to keep them juicy.
- In the other skillet, add the cream cheese, cream, thyme, salt and pepper. Once the cream cheese is melted, add the gruyere and mix well until melted.
- Lastly add the sour cream and mix well to combine.
- Pour the mushroom sauce over the burgers once they are cooked and serve.
- Notes You can add more cream, beef broth or even a bit of water if you would like a thinner sauce.
- The burgers are huge (1/2 lbs each) so you can make this into 8 burgers easily.