Keto/Low-Carb Salmon Pate
This recipe serves 6 as a starter or 10 as a dip. When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- 2 small salmon fillets (240 g/ 8.5 oz) (Or two cans of salmon).
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small red onion (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (30 g/ 1.1 oz) – you can make your own
- ½ cup cream cheese (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- ½ tsp salt (I like pink Himalayan)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 F / 400 F. Place the salmon filets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with butter and transfer to the oven for 20-25 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and let it cool down. Then, peel and discard the skin. (Or can use canned salmon)
- Peel and slice the garlic and dice the onion. Place the cooked salmon and garlic into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
To keep the paté chunky, I added the onion and pecans after the garlic & salmon were blended.
- Add the onion, pecan nuts, mayonnaise, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper
Pulse for a few seconds until desired consistency is reached.
Spoon the paté into a bowl and add freshly chopped parsley. Mix until well combined. Serve immediately and cover with a wrap and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serve with low-carb pancakes or use bacon as a dipper.